Pay Per Click Campaign Optimization
In the United States, 97% of the people look online for local products or services. Now, consumers have higher expectations than ever. In order to cater to this increasing demand of products/services online, Google introduced a programmatic way of advertisement for all advertisers through Google AdWords or Pay per click campaign so that they can be visible to their customers at moments that matter the most for their brand. The Google display network helped 1.8 million businesses and non-profit institutions to advertise through AdWords in 2014.
Optimization of a pay per click campaign should be included at all the following levels of a campaign:
- Ad Groups
- Key Phrases
- Landing Pages
Optimization is a process, not a project. To really maximize your ad spend and squeeze the best possible results out of it, you need to optimize the campaign regularly. This requires to spend a considerable amount of time and effort each month. We at Integrated Marketing One can provide you expert help in optimization of your AdWords account so that you can make the most out of your investment!
If you are not using the right strategy to optimize your campaign, you will definitely end up in a mess! We can help you provide the correct strategy according to the requirements of your business so that you don’t lose out on your hard earned money. Read on for some examples of how an account can be managed effectively.
- Define your goal: Before starting with the optimization of the campaign, it is important to decide what you want to get out of it. Do you want more traffic to your site, to deliver a branding message, or to generate more sales, leads, downloads, conversions etc. Once we have set a goal, it becomes easier to apply the right technique to achieve it.
- Keywords: Be prepared to get ruthless with your keywords! It is always good to have high traffic and good quality keywords in the campaign, even if they are less in number. There is no time or money to be spent on keywords which are not performing!
- Ad Text: No need to reinvent the wheel, we just have to add variations. We try to build on what works best for the campaign. Be it testing the title case, switching up your call to action or bringing variations in the domain name.
- Conversion Tracking: There is no point of spending money on a campaign if we can’t track the return that we are generating out of it. We clearly define the conversion metric for the campaign and ensure that the returns generated out of the campaign can be measured .
- Landing Pages: Your landing pages are the one part of your campaign that you have 100% control of. They also make or break your campaign’s success. You will be surprised to see how different landing pages perform with different ad groups. We start with A/B Testing and consider multivariate testing in the future to study different customer reactions on different ads and choose the most profitable one for your campaign.
- Campaign Expansion: Expand on what works! After a full review of your campaign, we will know what keywords, creatives and niches within your campaign work. We are aware that the quality score of the campaign operates on the basis of multiple factors, and we ensure that the campaign is expanded by bringing about only those changes which are helpful for the business.
Optimization is not a one day job! For all those who are willing to see a considerable increase in their traffic in a shorter span of time, AdWords if rightly managed is the right medium of marketing for all business models.